We've taken the first steps in making sure your handcrafted box of floral lasts as long as possible; so all we ask is that you follow the steps below to maintain the longevity of your bouquet. Each box of floral also comes with a Care Card that includes information on how to care for your flowers.
1. Once you receive your flowers take them out of the plastic vase that was included with your Couture La Fleur signature box. Do not remove the string from the hand tied bouquet as this is what is holding it together and allows it to fit perfectly into the box.
2. Empty the water from the disposable vase and fill with fresh water and one packet of floral food that was included with your bouquet.
3. Strip off any excess foliage from the stems that may have fallen below the water level.
4. Cut the stems at an angle approximately 1 inch from the base using garden pruners or a pearing knife. This opens the pores of the stems and allows the flowers to re-hydrate.
5. Put the flowers back into the disposable vase once you've cut the stems and repeat steps 2 - 4 every couple of days or as necessary.
6. Keep flowers away from direct heat, sunlight and drafts.
7. Remove any wilted petals or leaves as this can cause bacteria to grow especially if they've fallen into the water. It is important that your flowers are well maintained and that the water is kept clean.
Our mixed floral arrangements are prepared in Oasis floral foam that has been placed in one of our box liners. In order to maintain the longevity of your flowers please follow the steps below.
1. Do not remove your flowers from the box or the floral foam.
2. Fill a jug with water and add one packet of floral food.
3. Every couple of days add approximately 1/2 a cup of water to the arrangement. TIP: The easiest way to do this is by using a measuring cup or container with a spout or narrow opening. Do not add water from the side of the box as it may leak in between the liner and damage the box.
4. Keep flowers out of direct heat, sunlight and drafts.
5. Do not over water. The floral foam absorbs quite a bit of water and if you add too much water it will overflow.
*Please note that each flower has a different life span and with the variation of flowers included in our feature floral boxes, we cannot guarantee that each flower will last the same amount of time. Most flowers will last anywhere from 4 - 7 days with the proper care but others may not last as long. Some may also last longer!
If you have any questions regarding how to care for your flowers please contact us and we'd be happy to provide more information.